Mozdzen & Moats for Hainesport Township Committee
2019 will be another exciting year! The Democratic candidates for election to Township Committee are Louis Mozdzen and David Moats.
Louis Mozdzen has been happily married to Phyllis for almost 42 years and is father to two smart and beautiful daughters, Linda and Rebecca. He and his family have been proud residents of Hainesport since May 1996. Along with his family, Louis is part of Our Lady Queen of Peace Church where he has taught CCD for nine years. He is a member of the church choir.
Louis formally trained as an industrial Electronic/Electrical Technician before going into engineering and sales management. He is currently vice president of a scientific industrial manufacturing company located in Cinnaminson, New Jersey.
Having worked with both United States and international governments and business, he has 40+ years of contract bidding, negotiation and policy writing skills.
He is also a retired member of the Coast Guard Auxiliary, where he has taught boating and navigational skills for 30 years, along with being involved with boating safety, and search and rescue water way patrols.
- Ensure residents always know where and how their taxes are spent BEFORE the money is spent.
- Strengthen communication with residents by introducing an open-door policy. Explore participating in municipal “green” initiatives like the Sustainable Jersey grants program.
- Take advantage of federal training programs to keep our community safer.
- Engage local businesses to generate more community events and build civic pride.
- Send a clear message that xenophobia and racism have no place in Hainesport.
David Moats has been married for nine years to Mount Laurel native Jessie, and has a stepson Jacob, who will be attending Rowan this fall, and a son, Grayson, who is going into Hainesport School's third grade. After graduating from Pemberton High School, David followed the family tradition of his grandparents, parents and sister, and enlisted in the navy, where he was an Aviation Electronics Technician. He now works as a Copier Repair Technician for Stewart Xerox.
David coached Grayson's soccer team in Maple Shade before the family moved to Hainesport in March 2018, and is currently very involved in his 4-H club. They are a family of animal lovers and own a show rabbit, Tugger. David and Jessie are also enjoying fixing up their historic house on Lumberton Road.